Listen to this post HERE
For the past few years I have made a list of things I have learned in the years leading up to that age. This is mine for turning 25 about a week ago. I hope you enjoy it and find something useful from it.
1. Nothing will completely go as planned
2. Sometimes you think you want something, but when you get it you realize the fantasy of it was what you wanted.
3. You have the power to let things in your life stress you out or be fun. Don’t take things too seriously.
4. Having a daily routine helps your body and mental health.
5. Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is doing what you don’t feel like doing (go get that workout in or go clean your house)
6. Your chosen family, whether that is blood related relatives or not, is so important. Hold them close.
7. It’s important to know what you want and to hold your ground on your values. Don’t let someone convince you what you want isn’t right.
8. Being creative in whatever way feels best to you is a great thing for the soul.
9. You don’t have to be good at something for it to be fun.
10. If you try something and you don’t like it that is better than never trying it and not knowing.
11. If you know something/someone in your life is really not serving you, remove it/them and watch yourself flourish.
12. There is no timeline for how your life should go. You are always on track.
13. Feeling like you aren’t good enough at something is common, but know that it’s all in your head.
14. Honoring your time is important. Set boundaries and do the things you want in your life.
15. You will not be liked by everyone and you will not like everyone. This is okay.
16. Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean you treat them with any less respect.
17. Gossiping is not a good thing. Venting about a situation is fine, but talking about someone and judging them is not.
18. If you find something annoying about someone it says everything about you and nothing about them. Check yourself and see why it bugs you.
19. You can learn to view things in a different way. (An example I saw was this couple where the one person was always accidentally leaving cupboards open and the other person would get annoyed. One day the person who always got annoyed decided to switch their perspective to being excited about getting to close cupboards because they love to fix things and have doors to close).
20. Sometimes not getting what you want is exactly what you need.
21. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about something in your life as long as you want it in your life.
22. The only person you need to impress is yourself.
23. Only feeling satisfied when you do x,y,z in a day is not a healthy mindset to get in to.
24. Every day is an opportunity for you to better yourself.
25. You are free to be whoever you want to be no matter what anyone else thinks.
Let me know which thing I learned was your favorite!
Until next time,